TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I replaced them with the same dot color...
People Seeking Info

Subject I replaced them with the same dot color...

Posted by thumper300zx on December 14, 2005 at 3:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 327 times.

In Reply To Also.... posted by sorka on December 14, 2005 at 01:33 PM

Message ...the other four check out o.k. with ohms (I do that all the time) and I've NEVER had a bad ohm reading to an injector (except for the two that went bad). The 1st that went bad (#1) was reading 42 ohm and I replaced it...didn't make any difference in performance --- I was also having a detonation problem at the time which is why I was checking injectors in the first place. Turned out be gas station issues -- I was getting the lowest cost 91 octane (best around here) that I could find and four different stations yielded detonation. I finally tried an EXXON and have not heard detonation since, EXCEPT FOR ONCE when I had to get four gallons of other stuff (COSTCO) so I wouldn't run out of gas before getting to the EXXON --- it detonated almost immediately so I took it easy for the next tank, filled up at EXXON the next time, no detonation.

When #6 went out, the cylinder was GONZO and it ohmed out to .8 megaohm. Replaced that and was back to normal. The others are probably not far behind, so it could be a good time to pull the plenum, replace the next four, replace all the cam cover gaskets, fuel hose, and coolant bypass hoses.

-Dave

Z's Rule!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.